Friday, September 19, 2008

New, New, and New

This week has flown by. The weather has been great. It makes me want to spend every minute outside. I am the type person who feels like something is very wrong if I am inside and it is beautiful outside. The heat rarely bothers me but the cold is another story. I substituted twice this week. It was so boring. All I did was make copies and sit there and read. I did like getting to read but I felt like I should have been doing something. Wednesday we went up to ACU to ride bikes with Whitney, Morgan, and Kennedy. Well, Morgan and Reagan rode bikes. We really enjoyed it. While there, we saw a number of people we knew and Nana was able to come out and see us twice.

The kids are spending the night with Nana and Papa tonight because tomorrow we are getting up early to go to Lubbock to get the dog. I am real nervous about all the work that is going to come along with this new addition. But I am also excited for the kids to get to experience having a dog. The kids were super excited about getting to spend the night with Nana and Papa. I am excited about our little road trip to Lubbock. I like trips in the car. They usually equate to getting to listen to music, talk uninterrupted, and fast food. Also they are peaceful to me because there is nothing else you could possibly be doing.

I am sure I will posting pictures of the dog soon. I will also put up a picture of our very long awaited grass we now have in the front yard.

2 comments:

Whitney said...

Morgan wants a dog, but we're going to wait until Kennedy is a little older. Our old dog bit Morgan when she was 8 months old. He (Jaxon) was our "only child" for 5 years before Morgan and was a grouchy little minature schnauzer. I think it was hard for him to adjust to having a baby crawling after him. Morgan loved him though. We gave him to my grandma and he died about a year later.

Jackson and Reagan are going to be so excited!

Matt said...

What kind of dog are you getting? Why are you having to go all the way to Lubbock? I am going to have Wrangler clonned so everyone in the family can have a copy. I boarded him this weekend. He cried when they took him away. Can't wait to see him this afternoon.