Saturday, September 13, 2008

West Texas Fair and Rodeo






Well, the main event of this week was a trip to the fair but it was kind of hard to accomplish because without fail when the fair is here it always rains. The first plan was to go on Monday night because all the rides are a dollar but it rained. So we finally made it Thursday night. The kids had a great time. Jackson was especially excited. He wanted to play all the games where you try and win something. I tried to tell him that it is really hard to win but it did not dampen his spirit for wanting to try. The funny thing about that is, that Reagan won a goldfish. We decided not to take the fish home. The petting zoo was a fun stop. Reagan was timid about feeding the animals but not Jackson. The animals where real aggressive trying to get to you to get the food. Reagan would point out a small one way in the back and say that she wanted to feed that one. It reminded me of something I would think. One of the pictures I included was of a goat that had jumped on the back of the a sheep. Animals are funny. Speaking of which, I think we are getting really close to getting a dog. I dread all the work that comes with a dog but I know the kids will love it. When I think about a dog, I hear all the voices of my friends who say they would never get a dog and the ones who have had dogs that say never again. Come on people, studies say people are in better health and live longer that have dogs.


No comments: