Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Something about Riding In the Car



For me there is something about riding in the car that often makes me think of all the things I am so thankful for and how amazing our God is. I have heard so many times that car rides are good times to talk to your kids because you will usually get a good audience. I think that is a great idea too, but for me I love the silence of my voice, maybe the sound of the radio, and just being able to think. We ride in the car alot because it takes us at least 15-20 minutes to get any where we go. I love looking in the back seat and seeing Jackson and Reagan. They make me so happy. Reagan has gotten to where she gives me the biggest hugs and tells me "I'll never let you go mommy." I think it is sweet.


One of my other car thoughts today was how it only takes one. i was reminding myself of how it only takes one person to make you feel like you are not alone. It only takes one person to make you feel like you belong. It only takes one person to know you better than most- that lets you know someone cares. And as true as it is, all the opposites are true. It only take one to make you feel alone, like you don't belong, and that know one cares. It is funny how of the places I have lived, where I live now I find it the hardest to reach out to people and to feel connected. It is weird I don't know why that is.

No comments: